Did You Know?
- You should not wear loose dentures. Loose dentures can cause excessive friction and pressure toward the gum tissues and bones, resulting in painful sore spots and bone shrinkage.
- Dentures can warp if placed in hot water.
- Dentures can change shape if they dry out. When not in use, cover dentures with water or a denture-cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, large nylon denture toothbrush with round-ended bristles. Use denture creams instead of toothpastes, which are too abrasive and will scratch your denture. Rinse with coldwater.
- Your mouth is constantly changing. Inspect your denture regularly for worn teeth. Be sure to visit your dental professional regularly as part of your recommended check up schedule.
- Some medications can affect denture fit and wearability so be sure to discuss this with your doctor and dental professional.
- Only your dental professional is qualified to diagnose your oral health and adjust your denture or partial.
- Worn and stained dentures can make you look older and cause your dentures to function poorly.